Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Diverged

Taking full advantage of the weather, Cole and I spent the morning walking through Chestnut Ridge.  While we were there, he fell asleep in the stroller, so I kept going.

Wandering off the path, crinkling through the leaves, I immediately thought of Frost.  The Road Not Taken, forever a metaphor for the routes I've traveled throughout my life echoed in my head.  "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and sorry I could not travel both."  Sort of like the fork between logic and emotion, both are inviting to travel, yet being one traveler, there is only one chance to choose the destination.

All day today, the poem has been whispering in my ear, echoing in my mind.  Thinking back on the  changing currents which have brought me to where I am today, I remembered I have and can endure any obstacle in my way to where I am headed.  So even with each hurdle, I know in the end, they merely make me stronger, make me push harder, making a difference.  This journey with Cole has been so different than with my girls, but has opened my eyes, seeing in much more vivid Technicolor, like Dorothy in Oz.

Regardless of the detours, I've always found my destination, even without a map for guidance.  And I know I will continue to find my way regardless if I follow logic or emotion since the roads I've taken have made all the difference.  



No comments:

Post a Comment