Friday, December 7, 2012

Cake

Talk about cake!  In at 6:30 out by 8:15!  While getting tubes is still a surgery, it is almost crazy to me how quick and routine today was, a walk in the park, when many of our appointments eat entire days.

I can't say enough about the kindness of the nurses we have had at Children's Hospital for all of Cole's procedures.  Their kindness can warm a room, their compassion can fill your heart.  Today was no exception.

Knowing of Cole's exposure issues, our post-op nurse today was not only careful, but moved through the motions quickly so we could get out of dodge before the next round of patients were trudging onto the floor.  I can't even explain how deeply I appreciated this, as the petri dish of a hospital scares me more than any horror movie could.  Necessary risks are one thing, but lingering around beyond necessity where germs like to congregate is uncalled for.  Our nurse completely understood just from his chart, without a word from me.  Best part about today, she cared for him, and eased my worries with her attention and understanding.  To all the wonderful nurses out there, thank you.

Polar Express is just about over, and I need to keep my monkey calm today, so I am off to build one heck of a train track.  Hopefully this will capture his attention like it usually does until lunch.

Hugs to you all!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment