Thursday, February 9, 2012

Exhaling

Sometimes you don't realize how long you've been holding your breath until you finally let it out.

Just as I was getting the two little ones settled in for lunch the phone rang.

Finally, the phone call we had been waiting for.  Cole's genetic test results had arrived.  The chromosomes analyzed were absolutely perfect, not a single mutation was found in his sequencing, which meant he does not have NEMOS.

Now a day later, I still can't find the words to fully express the relief I felt in this moment.

I remember closing my eyes and exhaling deeply, letting go of the worry for the time being.

Until tomorrow we will relax, falling into the comfort of this sigh for a just a moment before the marathon begins and I am holding my breath again.








No comments:

Post a Comment