Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Finding Christmas

Celebrating Christmas with young kids is such a gift.  The excitement and magic is contagious.

This year the spirit has taken a while to develop for me...between not feeling well and not being able to do all we usually do in the span of the season, it just has been different.  I never really understood the missing jolly vibe until now.  Honestly, I was I couldn't say I did.

We finally put up our tree and decorated over the weekend.  Again, while we didn't pull every single bin up, nor did we put anything that could break on the tree due to our crazy kitten, I couldn't help but get warm inside watching the sparkle as the kids pulled out favorite ornaments and Cole shouting "ho, ho, ho" every time he saw a Santa.

It's funny how something so simple can make a difference.  It is through the kids I'm trying to find and hold tight to Christmas this year.  

As I sit here this morning waiting for the army to awake, the smell of cinnamon rolls is dancing through the house and with the tree, it's as if I've been grazed by Cupid' s arrow, only one with prancing reindeer, a man in a red suit, and a baby who saved the world.

Preparing to rejoice in all the gifts of the season is merely a part of it, I've learned that this year.  Sure, it is still important to pull the magic together, but there is so much more.  While I've had to slow down, almost to a halt, and yes, I never did finish shopping or getting the stamps for the cards, which are actually ready to go, I'm ready.

I'm ready for being in the moment.  I'm ready to celebrate the gifts our Lord has given us, surrounded by family.  I'm ready for miracles, because in this year, I've learned even more about love and the angels around us, in our lives every day.  These are the true gifts of this season for me, and in stopping to remember how blessed we really are, I've finally found my Christmas this year.

May you have a day filled with love and peace.  Merry Christmas to you and your families, from all of us here in Buffalo.

No comments:

Post a Comment