Sunday, November 24, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving

Two weeks ago I was writhing in pain in a hospital bed, today I'm snuggled in at home with my family watching the snow flutter softly to the ground.  Talk about a big difference!

This Thanksgiving week I can't help but tear up a little when I think about just how much I have to be thankful for.  Yes, my life is far from the path Nick and I paved, even further than I expected, but it is blessed.

As we all slow down, gather together, and give thanks, I hope you have the chance to really look around, take it all in.  Even if the day is hectic, I'm learning just how important it is to savor the moment for they are fleeting and you just don't know what tomorrow is going to bring no matter how well you plan.

So while Gwyn steals half the olives before dinner, and Paige manages to stealthily hide the cranberries next to her plate, I will be silently thanking God for so much I'm come to take for granted.

Enjoy this week with your families as you give thanks for all of your blessings whatever they may be.  Know that I am thankful for each of you, all of your warmth and encouragement gives me so much strength on days when I struggle to stay strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment