Thursday, April 19, 2012

Cole's Crohnies

As a mom, it is difficult to know there are times I just can't fix what is happening with my child.  Honestly, I figured this day would come when one of the girls went through their first break up, not with my toddler, and certainly not about any medical concerns at this point in life.  


There are times I truly feel helpless in terms of what to do when Cole is not feeling well.  What makes it even more challenging is that at this point, he still says very little and on tough days, says less.  Bouncing babble is replaced by agonizing screeches and writhing until he settles into a comfortable position.  On these days, we often spend hours snuggling and pacing as they are the only activities that are able to soothe him.


As optimistic as I try to be, there are times I am frustrated.  I just want to take this suffering away from Cole.   While I don't have super human powers to eliminate his pain immediately, I can do something that has the power to change his life over time.  I can help raise money for research against this terrible disease and start a team for the upcoming Crohn's and Colitis walk. 


I have registered our team in Cole's honor to walk in the Take Steps for Crohn's & Colitis Walk this June. Take Steps is CCFA's national evening walk and celebration and the nation's largest event dedicated to finding cures for digestive diseases. It is a casual 2-3 mile stroll to raise money for crucial research, bringing us closer to a future free from Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis. 


Please consider joining our team, Cole's Crohnies, and help us take a few steps towards making life better for not only Cole, but others like him.  Like the man throwing starfish back into the sea, while he couldn't save them all, he made a difference for them one at a time, and that is my goal, for us to work together to make a little bit of a difference every year so researchers can keep moving forward, striving towards a cure for these digestive diseases.  


Thank you all for your constant prayers and support, they are our sea.


http://online.ccfa.org/site/TR/2012TakeStepsWalk/Chapter-WesternNewYork?px=2600658&pg=personal&fr_id=3199






No comments:

Post a Comment