Monday, January 16, 2012

A New Beginning

I've finally started!  After keeping a journal for a while, I decided it was time to blog.  In fact, I had wanted to do this a while ago, I just needed to get the nerve to actually do it!

So why now?  For those of you that know me, you know the past year has been one of change.  In many ways it has been rather humbling.

My husband and I were blessed to add a third child to our family last December.  How hard could a third baby be?  I mean, we've been through this twice before, we were set and so excited to have a new son or daughter to share in our family adventures.

Once our son Cole was born, all our well laid plans seemed to fly out the window.  From his entrance and unexpected NICU stay to where we are today, waiting for results, his first year was nothing like we had anticipated or experienced with our daughters.

You see, as we all were testing the waters of the new family dynamics, our precious baby boy was struggling and we really had no clue for a while.  In fact, while we currently have some ideas from all his doctors, we still have no definitive answers.

Throughout the sibling adjustments, the appointments, and the waiting, we have had to change so much of how we live, some ways for the better, some not so much.  Friends have asked how we are doing it and just in general how we are doing and to be honest, we take everything one day at a time and are doing alright.  Some days are better and easier than others, but in a home filled with happy kids, laughter, and love there is always some sweetness or comic relief to any situation.

OK, so what is this blog about then?  This is me, stopping for a few moments in all of this, to catch my breath.  What can you expect?  For the most part, a look into our latest adventures and maybe random thoughts I just can't help but comment upon and well, this will be my forum.  And, to be honest, I love to write, especially for an audience, even though this will be the first time I have shared anything so close to my heart in such a public way before.  If you follow, thank you for choosing to be a part of this journey with all its twists and turns as I catch each breath, one at a time.


No comments:

Post a Comment